The Leon Ford Legacy Fund was established in September 2017, to advocate for community healing, individual empowerment, and social change, with a specific focus of turning pain into purpose and transforming grief into greatness. Mr. Ford is excited about using his passions and platform to engage his network to support the Fund; and has identified these key areas of interest to support:
- Provide a “brave” space that can allow the community to tell their stories, to have courageous conversations, and to create strong solutions for their personal adversity.
- Invoke social change by encouraging the community to utilize their voice and construct and expand upon their unique platform for healing and social justice.
- Provide scholarships, networking and mentorship opportunities for students who have overcome adversity.
- Break down racial barriers through sharing and understanding personal stories.
- Facilitate and foster close bonds and connections for social justice collaboration and community building.
- Support platforms for unique voices to be heard.
Interested supporters are invited to donate to the Fund, for a greater, collective impact towards these goals.
Recurring donations can be set for any amount, to recur weekly, monthly or annually. All online donations are processed through PayPal. Please note that a processing fee of 2.9% will be taken against your donation. If you would like to donate via check or money order, please send a check made payable to POISE Foundation, noting Leon Ford Legacy Fund in the memo section to: POISE Foundation; Two Gateway Center, Suite 1700; 603 Stanwix Street; Pittsburgh, PA 15222.