The Evelyn Paige Parker Scholarship Fund was established in 2004 by the Pittsburgh Black Nurses In Action and was named after Evelyn Paige Parker who was a dedicated nurse and member of the organization.
Below are the minimum requirements to be considered for the award. Eligible applicants must meet each of the following requirements to be considered for the award:
- Must be currently enrolled in a nursing program (ADN, BSN, Diploma, Graduate or Advanced Practice Nursing education) as of the beginning of the Fall 2016 semester.
- Must have completed at least one (1) full year in nursing education. (If not must be enrolled in a nursing second-degree program).
- Be in good scholastic standing as indicated by 3.0 or better GPA at time of application.
- Must currently be taking at least 6 credit hours per semester.
- Must have at least one (1) full year of nursing education remaining.
One, $1,000 scholarship will be awarded from this Fund in 2017. Based on grants received by Pittsburgh Black Nurses in Action, more scholarship funds may become available and will follow the same eligibility criteria as the Evelyn Paige Parker Scholarship.
The application is currently open and will close on Monday, April 17, 2017 at 3:00 PM/EST.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the link below and select the Pittsburgh Black Nurses In Action Scholarship Application.