The Hubertus W.V. Willems Scholarship for Male Students
The Hubertus W.V. Willems Scholarship for Male Students is awarded annually to a male, US citizen who attends an accredited institution in the United States and is majoring in one of the following fields: Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematical Sciences.
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must:
- Be a male majoring in one of the following fields: Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematical Sciences.
- Be a US citizen.
- Be currently enrolled or accepted to an accredited college (excluding proprietary schools) in the United States.
- NAACP membership and participation is highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate financial need based on the federal poverty guidelines. Click here to see the guidelines.
Graduating High School Seniors and Undergraduate Students
- Must be full-time student.
- Must possess a grade point average of 2.5 (C+) on a 4.0 system.
- May be full or part-time student.
- Must possess a 3.0 (B) average on a 4.0 system.
Twenty (20) – Forty (40) Scholarships Available– Maximum Scholarship Award is $3,000.00.
The 2016 application period is now closed. Please check back periodically for information about the 2017 application process.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the link below and select The Hubertus W.V. Willems Scholarship for Male Students. Note the online application is only available during the application period, noted in the Timeline above.
Members of the National NAACP Board of Directors, SCF Trustees, National Youth Work Committee, the NAACP Scholarship Selection Committee, employees and their spouses or families to the first degree of consanguinity are not eligible to apply for or receive this scholarship.